Communicating your work effectively – developing a strategy
Having a strong communications strategy, and acting on it, can revolutionise your work, profile and impact.
Often, communications work is seen as an ‘add-on’ or something that just happens ad-hoc at the end of a project or piece of work. How do you know this happening? In my experience you hear things like:
- ‘Oh let’s have a webpage about that’
- ‘We can tweet about that’
- ‘Let’s put an article out there’
This often means low engagement and can end up feeling dissatisfying, dissuading further attempts to communicate excellent work with wider audiences.
Where communications work is seen as integral to the delivery of services or projects and a more strategic approach is adopted, you can develop a stronger presence and be more likely to create impact at wider levels.
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Be able to communicate the benefits of your services effectively
- Articulate the objectives of your comms work
- Understand who your audiences and key stakeholders are
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your current communications work
- Develop key communication messages
- Understand the rights channels through which to share these key messages
- Have a plan of action
This workshop can be delivered as:
- One day in person workshop
- Two day in person workshop
Book this training
Drop us a line and we’ll be in touch to arrange a call to begin understanding your specific needs.
Any prices discussed for the delivery of training do not include return travel and, where necessary, overnight accommodation, which will be negotiated in advance of any work agreed.