- This event has passed.
EBSA Horizons: Emotional Based School Avoidance online CPD course for Educational Psychologists
Cost plus VAT.
Following its success over the last 2 years, EBSA Horizons online course has been updated with two new Chapters: Supporting Autistic CYP Experiencing EBSA and Entrenched EBSA (including Motivational Interviewing approaches), and we are delighted to announce that the Revised EBSA Horizons is going live on 22nd June 2023.
Want to hear what EPs say about taking the course? www.edpsyched.co.uk/ebsa-testimonials
The new Chapter summaries are:
Chapter 6. Supporting Autistic CYP Experiencing EBSA
● Introduction To The Research Literature About ASC And EBSA
● The Ideal School: Exploring Perceptions Of Autistic Students Experiencing EBSA
● Pupil View Of EBSA: The Perspective Of Autistic Adolescents
● Research On The Parental Experiences Of A Successful Return To School
● Q&A with guest Educational Psychologists
● The Parent Perspective: Interview With Sarah Banks
● The Child Perspective: Interview with a Young Person
Chapter 7. Entrenched EBSA
● Motivational Interviewing and its application to EBSA
● Cycle of Change model: A CYP friendly version
● Motivational Interviewing and EBSA Resource pack
● An interview with a CYP using MI Principles
● Interview with Dr Naomi Fisher – Part 1: Home Education
● Interview with Red Balloon – Alternative Provision for CYP experiencing EBSA
● Lived experiences of effective support for autistic young people who have experienced extended school non-attendance
● Interview with Dr Naomi Fisher – Part 2: The needs of CYP experiencing entrenched EBSA and the application of psychological models.
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk