Embedding EDI supervision models for psychologists and other professionals
18/01/2024 - 10:00 to 12:30£30
An interactive webinar for supervisors and managers focussed on embedding EDI models and frameworks into practice to ensure inclusivity.
If you’re wondering why we need Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)-focused supervision for practising psychologists and what this looks like in practice, then this webinar is for you. This webinar will provide you with an essential overview of what EDI-focused supervision involves and the practical steps that can be taken to help you be a more inclusive and culturally sensitive supervisor, in line with the revised HCPC Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) standards of proficiency for practitioner psychologists.
Who should attend?
Any professionals groups including, Educational, Clinical and other applied psychologists who provide psychological supervision to others and want to embed the EDI HCPC standards of proficiency centrally within their practice.
What to expect? Participants will:
• Gain fundamental knowledge / terminology to develop their cultural competence as supervisors.
• Understand the importance of supervision that is inclusive and culturally sensitive to all supervisees.
• Consider practical and meaningful ways to incorporate the HCPC EDI standards of proficiency in supervision by applying psychological frameworks such as The Six Stage Framework (Dr M’gadzah, 2022).
• Consider the impact EDI-focused supervision has on individual professionals, service users and services/organisations.
• Reflect on practice issues and psychologists’ need for support in embedding EDI-focused supervision.
 In September 2023, the HCPC expanded their EDI standards of proficiency which all Practitioner Psychologists are expected to meet. Equality, diversity and inclusion | (hcpc-uk.org)
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk