Educational Psychologist Advisor
About the role
The Educational Psychologist Advisor will support the GL Assessment Product team in analysing and evaluating our SEND and clinical product portfolio with a view to helping develop our products to answer the needs of SEND practitioners and teachers in today’s environment.
You will also be responsible for providing training to trainee Educational Psychologists on the BAS3 assessment for the duration of the fixed term contract. They will then continue to be employed as a contractor by GL Assessment to provide the BAS3 training as required.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
- Design an engaging and thorough training programme for trainee Educational Psychologists to be delivered through university schools of Education. The programme should include pre-reading for delegates, a slide deck, planned activities and any follow up tasks that may be required.
- Deliver training in person where practicable, or online where not. Some UK-wide travel should be expected.
- Through the training, explain the value, relevance and usefulness of BAS3 such that trainees can be sound practitioners of the assessment in their work.
- Maintain a strong and regular channel of communication with the GL training team. The team will market the service and arrange training sessions with the universities. The trainer will be expected to contact the universities ahead of the session to introduce themselves, check with the team that all logistics are in place, and feedback to the team after each training session.
- Be alert to any opportunities to extend the reach of the BAS3 training to other universities and follow up any leads that may lead to bringing new universities onboard.
- Work closely with the GL Assessment Product team to review the SEND and clinical product list. Use their expertise to make recommendations for products that meet a clear need in the market and are candidates for further investment. Equally, support in the identification of those products which may no longer be relevant, or which are out of date and make recommendations for sunsetting those products.
- Support the Product team in developing a viable customer support model for SEND and clinical products that is proportionate to the revenue and relevance of those products, with a view to ensuring that professionals are adequately supported in their assessment needs without taking up disproportionate amounts of internal resource to support those needs.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of designing and delivering training
- Extensive experience of working as an Educational Psychologist
- Doctorate in Educational Psychology, preferably with experience with training adults
- Passionate about assessment and its application in supporting the development of young people
- Good understanding of the SEND Code of Practice and understanding of the role and work of the SENCO in schools
- A strong communicator – excellent presentation skills, able to communicate enthusiasm for our products, comfortable working both over video conferencing software and face to face
- Collaborative – able to quickly build strong relationships and work across teams balancing the needs of different stakeholders
- Enterprising – able to spot opportunities, both in terms of potential new customers or assessments that hold potential, and bring those opportunities to fruition
- Teaching experience in the UK or overseas would be desirable
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
Find out more about careers at GL Assessment.
We follow the CAP Code for employment ads.