About the role
- 1 x Permanent
- 1 x Fixed term until 31/08/2023 in the first instance
- Working Hours: 36 hours
The Educational Psychology Service has a history of working very closely and collaboratively with schools and other professional partners including through co-location with:
- the SEN Assessment and Review Service
- Children and Young Adults 0-25 Disabilities Service
- Community Learning Disability Team
- Children’s Sensory Team
- Autistic Spectrum Teachers
- Portage Home Visitors
We have outstanding IT for our business needs.
The Educational Psychology Service is very well-regarded and as a result we have a high level of commissioned work across the Borough, increasing year-on-year. This enables – alongside statutory and other Local Authority core work – EP contribution to SEN Support level assessment and consultation, organisational support and intervention, and community-based projects. We are always developing our practice, and are currently strengthening our work as a Service in meeting the Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs of children and young people in Harrow.
We are a very positive, supportive and reflective team, which values individual strengths and interests as well as promoting team working and peer supervision. We offer thorough induction to all who join us as well as flexible working and continued professional development.
About Harrow Council
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit with a range of cultures, religions and opinions that come together to produce high achieving schools and a close and friendly community.
Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
To be qualified in or registered on the below:
- Educational Psychology MSc or Doctorate, or to be currently completing Educational Psychology Doctorate training
- HCPC Practitioner Psychologists registered or on the training programme
- We also welcome applications from Trainee Educational Psychologists (including those with a view to starting in September 2022)
Interviews and start date
Interview will be either 12/07/2021 or 14/07/2021.
Preferred start date 1st September 2021, or as soon as possible.
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact:
- Hugh Watson – Principal Educational Psychologist
- Daniel Ruddock – Senior Educational Psychologist
- Natasha Kalogeropoulou – Senior Educational Psychologist
- or call 020 8051 8380
Here at Harrow Council, the vision is one of ‘Working together to make a difference for Harrow’
We follow the CAP Code for employment ads.