About the role
2x Maingrade Educational Psychologists
- Full time, permanent, 36 hours per week
- Full time and part time applications are equally welcomed
- Friday 4th December 2020
We are looking for two creative and enthusiastic educational psychologists to become members of our friendly and supportive team. Our service encourages collaborative and flexible working, whilst being committed to developing EPs professional skills. As a team, Waltham Forest EPS encourages the use of positive and evidence-based psychology to support the children and families in a diverse borough while prioritising professional well-being.
About the team
The educational psychology team continue to be highly valued by the council, children, young people, families and the education settings that we support. As a new member of the service you will be encouraged and supported to apply psychology creatively in order to contribute as part of a team who:
- Values ongoing team and peer supervision;
- Seeks out varied opportunities including project work, ELSA, Cygnet, Alternative Provisions, 16+ settings, LAC, Early Years, borough wide training, school commissioned work and statutory work;
- Values individual EP interests and professional autonomy;
- Provides high quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
- Has strong reciprocal links with professional training courses;
- Is committed to the supervision of trainee EPs;
- Has strong links with other services and opportunities for joint working;
- Is part of a successfully traded business unit within a local authority;
- Is supported by dedicated administrative support.
The offices are co-located within spacious and bright accommodation in a primary school. Waltham Forest enjoys very good transport links by Underground, Overground, bus, bike and car (with free parking and access to E-car schemes).
Recruitment and retention bonus
In addition, the London Borough of Waltham Forest offers a recruitment and retention bonus of £2000 which is paid annually in June and December. New recruits joining us will receive £1000 on commencement and £1000 on successful completion of the first 6 months of employment (pro rata).
Who we are looking for
We are looking for two Educational Psychologists to join our team who are:
- Excellent practitioners with good communication, interpersonal, organisation and time management skills;
- Are reliable, flexible, able to show initiative and take responsibility;
- Are committed to consultative problem solving as a model of service delivery and understands the issues of working within a traded environment;
- Have a sound knowledge of evidenced based interventions;
- Have professional Educational Psychology qualifications (usually a Doctorate) recognised by the BPS, has HCPC registration.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact:
- Fiona Davey (Principal Educational Psychologist)
- Email: Fiona.Davey@walthamforest.gov.uk
- Tel: 07961 323850
Interviews are provisionally arranged for Friday 11th December 2020.
We follow the CAP Code for employment ads.