- This event has passed.
ACEs, Developmental Trauma, Trauma-informed Approaches and Resilience
10/07/2019 - 09:00 to 16:00£110
This one day course will support school staff in responding to children and young people who present with attachment needs and/or developmental trauma using ‘trauma-informed’ approaches.
It will cover:
- What are Adverse Childhood Experiences?
- What is meant by developmental trauma?
- How developmental trauma affects the developing brain
- The neuroscience of attachment and attachment difficulties
- The links between neuroplasticity and resilience
- Key protective factors for vulnerable children and young people to nurture their resilience
- Trauma-informed approaches to support a child or young person affected by developmental trauma in school
- Therapeutic interventions that may help a child or young person to express their emotional distress and begin a healing process
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk