Training to be an EP
The route to becoming an EP in the UK is not the same for each country but there are some common things that you’ll need:
- A degree (Under or Postgrad) that gives you Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership to the British Psychological Society. For undergraduate psychology degrees a 2:1 or above is preferred.
- Evidence of work with children and families for at least a year
- A driving license (usually)
- Knowledge of the EP role and current issues within the profession
- Awareness and knowledge of research skills
- Knowledge and a commitment to equal opportunities
More specific information is available based on where you’re training is likely to happen:
EPs are usually paid according to the Soulbury Pay Scales (PDF).