- This event has passed.
Building resilience using CBT with children and young people
08/11/2016 - 09:30 to 15:30£85
Half of all mental health issues start in childhood and we all have a collective responsibility to support children’s emotional, psychological and social well-being. Early and targeted intervention is key to avoiding long term mental health issues. CBT is one of the most effective tools in developing resiliency and fostering emotional well-being. The course will help to develop your own skills and knowledge of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and enable you to apply the tools of CBT to develop children and young people’s emotional wellbeing in a range of settings.
Aims of the course:
- To clarify the nature of attachment disorders and trauma and the impact that they have upon development and learning in the classroom.
- Understand how emotional, psychological and social well-being impacts on children and young people’s lives
- Understand the key factors of building resiliency
- Understand the main theoretical concepts underpinning cognitive behavioural therapy
- To be able to run a short intervention programme using the tools of CBT with children and young people
- To be able to apply the key concepts of CBT within your professional role working with children and young people
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk