- This event has passed.
Insight and solution circles (webinar)
22/09/2020 - 11:00 to 13:00Free
We will provide background context for this approach and will directly model the process with real live issues facing participants. So bring your most challenging concerns to this training.
The course answers the questions:
- Can we find an alternative to permanent exclusion or special unit or school placement?
- Cannot understand why a child is behaving as they do?
- Struggling with a child for whom praise is ineffective?
- Feeling isolated in your responses to a child’s needs?
- Worried about where your instinctive reactions are leading you?
- Cannot seem to get any consensus view of a young person’s behaviour/needs amongst all the family and professionals involved – is everyone pulling in different directions?
- Deeper understanding of what is actually happening underneath the presenting behaviour
- Increased confidence in managing and building relationships with challenging pupils in mainstream schools
- Learn process for locating richer and wider range of practical strategies to impact on behaviour problems
- Deeper understanding of yourself and the psychodynamic processes happening between pupils, staff and pupils and families
- Opportunity to reflect on professional practice
- Mutual support established with other front line practitioners
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk