Relationships, mental health and behaviour: Keeping language in mind
16/03/2020 / 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£150
Morning keynote Speaker: Dr Val Brooks, Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Why is so hard to identify students with undiagnosed language and communication difficulties? This keynote session will explore complex developmental trauma and neurodevelopmental language disorders as a basis for understanding both the behaviours, and the needs, of children and young people.
There will be a carousel of workshops in the afternoon, with topics likely to include:
- Using music as a therapeutic tool.
- Increasing awareness of inclusive language to support LGBTQI+ students.
- Mental Health First Aid (awareness session).
- Using Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) principles to promote positive relationships in children who have experienced trauma and loss.
- Strategies to support sensory processing needs.
- Promoting positive behaviour and wellbeing in secondary schools.
- Using play to promote positive relationships.
- Strategies for supporting anxious students.
- Key strategies for addressing self-harm.
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don’t endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk