- This event has passed.
Responding to Trauma: contributions from across psychology
05/10/2018 - 10:00 to 15:30Free
Open to BPS members only.
This interdivisional event looks at trauma through a selection of topics presented from the perspectives of clinical, forensic, health, occupational and counselling psychology.
Speakers include Adam Mahoney, Dr Zoe Chouliara, Dr Noreen Tehrani, Dr Liza Morton and Dr Sandra Ferguson who will cover:
- The impact of adverse childhood and lifetime experiences for individuals in prisons, the challenges this presents and future directions.
- The clinical implications of trust for recovering from trauma and adversity
- Dealing with workplace trauma and the benefits of knowing about this for psychologists from different backgrounds
- Preventing medical trauma for people living with a heart condition from birth – polyvagal theory perspective
- Steps towards a Trauma informed Scotland and the role of psychologists from different areas of practice in this
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk