Training in Emotion Coaching (3 mornings)
Led by Dr Ruth Seymour, Educational Psychologist and Dawn Davidson, Charity Learning and Development Lead.
What do we mean by Emotion Coaching?
Emotion Coaching is an evidence based approach to help children to understand and manage their emotions. Emotion Coaching enables adults to co-regulate children’s emotions, de-escalate situations where behaviour is challenging and develop children’s ability to self-regulate their own emotions and behaviour. It can be used by anybody to respond to children’s emotions as they happen.
This course will cover:
- Research, theoretical basis and neuroscience behind Emotion Coaching
- Understanding different emotional styles relevant to Emotion Coaching
- How to respond sensitively and consistently to emotions and behaviours
- Understanding and practice of Emotion Coaching techniques
- Opportunities to reflect and embed Emotion Coaching in practice
What will the training look like?
The training is delivered via three online sessions. The dates for these sessions are:
- Tuesday 4th October 9.30-12.30
- Tuesday 18th October 9.30-12.30
- Tuesday 15th November 9.30-11
Who is this training for?
Anyone working alongside children or young people in school or care settings.
Please note that places are limited to 15 people so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk