- This event has passed.
West London EP Open Event
July 12 - 18:00 to 19:30Free
Who this event is for
In 2017, the BPS issued a Declaration on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in which they stated they will: “Actively promote psychology as a profession and discipline that welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and as a profession which reflects the communities it serves.”
This event is open to all, but we strongly encourage attendance from people who identify as Black, Asian or of another minoritised ethnic group that is underrepresented in our profession.
This event is also for:
- Anyone considering a career in Educational Psychology.
- Anyone considering applying for a Doctorate in Educational Psychology training programme
Delivered by eight EP services
The event is delivered by practicing Educational Psychologists from a number of London Boroughs, including: Hammersmith and Fulham, Ealing, Harrow, Hillingdon, Brent, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. It will also include Trainee Educational Psychologists from a range of London Doctorate training courses.
You will have the opportunity to have informal discussions with our qualified Educational Psychologists and trainee Educational Psychologists.
What this event will cover
- Recent developments in educational psychology.
- The varied roles of educational psychologists.
- How to apply for training and funding.
- The process of selection.
- Relevant reading and pre-course experience.
- Current trainee experiences.
- Mentoring scheme for people who are underrepresented and belong to minoritised ethnic groups.
- Followed by a Q&A Session.
*Please note that we are unable to offer any professional advice in this event.
Events on edpsy.org.uk
The events calendar is a community based tool designed to help educational psychologists and other interested parties find training and CPD events.
We don't endorse, recommend, support or make claims about the quality of the event listed.
We are not responsible for the booking or payment processes necessary for any of the events listed and any queries should be directed to the organiser of the event.
It is the responsibility of event organisers to ensure that any information listed on the events calendar is accurate and up to date.
Get your event on edpsy.org.uk
Complete our form to add your event onto edpsy.org.uk