Project: Children and young people’s return to education in September 2020
This post is part of a pilot project that edpsy is running in collaboration with Southend and Nottingham City EPS in a bid to promote inter-service collaboration and working.
Managing school and college in the time of COVID-19: How have children and young people experienced returning to education in September 2020 and how can their views inform new practices in education?
- Sarah Sivers (Southend EPS)
- Maddi Popoola (Nottingham City EPS)
The aims are:
- To gain insight into how children and young people across the UK have experienced returning to education
- To seek their ideas about what a good day at school or college could look like. This will provide information about what has worked with returning to school and what it is like to be in school during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- To continue the thinking about how we bring about change in education policy and practice
- Demonstrate the value and importance of listening to, working with and including children and young people in the thinking and decision-making processes around education.
Involvement – next steps
We would like to gain views of children and young people across the UK to gain a comprehensive overview of their experiences. We would welcome any expressions of interest from colleagues who would like to work alongside us.
- Expressions of interest by: 30th October 2020, 5pm
- Contact: Email Sarah Sivers (Southend EPS) or email Maddi Popoola (Nottingham City EPS)
This post was updated at 3.25pm on Tuesday 22nd September to correct the EPS service name in the opening paragraph